4 Key Pieces of Content to Start Your SEO Strong
Taylor Elizabeth Rose
- Why your website NEEDS a blog.
- Defining your place online.
- Four key pieces of content.
- Optimizing and distributing your content.
The days of static content are dead.
Define your place online
Audience, Voice, Reputation
How is voice different from tone?
|Trustworthiness||Key Message|| Key Message || Key Message |
|Quality|| Key Message || Key Message || Key Message |
|Value|| Key Message || Key Message || Key Message |
|Convenience|| Key Message || Key Message || Key Message |
This is how people will find the content you create.
Top free tools:
- The Hoth
- Google Related Searches
- Google Search Console
- Google Trends
- Keywords Everywhere
Suggested questions and related searches help you find search intent optimized keyword clusters.
Google Keyword Planner
- Check search volume and CPC.
- Start your site with the term that has the most traffic.
- Take note of the other search terms for future content.
Create a Template
- Target Audience
- Value to the Reader
- Call to Action
- Primary Keyword
- Keyword Cluster
4 Key Pieces of Content
- Company News
- Curated List
The first content on your site defines your company’s voice and place online.
- Launching a Company
- Launching a New Product, Service, Brand, etc.
- Hiring a Key Employee (CEO)
- Major Updates and Changes to Current Products
- Behind the Scenes
- Development Process Updates
- Research “how-to” terms related to your products or services.
- Ask yourself, “What are my customers looking to do? What do they need to know HOW to do?”
- Give real value to your potential customers, but don’t give them information that will send them away.
- Provide detailed directions and links to any relevant resources.
- Top # [keyword] for [target audience related term]
- # [type] videos for [target audience]
- Reviews for your business from Google, Yelp, Facebook, Yellow Pages, etc.
- Resources for [target audience related term]
- Ask yourself what your customers might find useful when using your services.
- Design it to look professional easily using Canva or a similar tool.
- Require email input in order to download the guide to grow your email list.
- Run through the user-flow yourself before you send it out through social and email.
Four pieces of content… Now what?
- At least one H2 has your primary keyword.
- Other headings use keywords.
- At least one alt tag contains your primary keyword.
- Other alt tags contain additional keywords from your cluster.
- Your primary keyword and any additional keywords from the cluster (that fit) are in the first paragraph.
- The Search Engine Meta Title has the primary keyword.
- The Search Engine Meta Description has your primary keyword.
- Yoast SEO
- All in One SEO Pack
- SEO Framework
- Better Click to Tweet
- Revive Old Post
- Easy Social Share Buttons
Without relevant content, there is nothing for Google to find.
These slides were made with ❤️ in Gutenberg.
Taylor Elizabeth Rose
Download as PDF